Today we are excited to share with you a few tips on how to survive living in your home for sale. By following these tips, you should be just fine when it comes time to show your home, and you’ll be able to tidy everything up in a flash. Here are some of our best tips for getting your home ready:
- Start packing now: The secret to getting a house clutter-free is removing the things you can live without from the home while it is still on the market.
- Store it, chuck it, sell it, or donate it: Work on decluttering your home by donating and/or throwing away things you don’t need, and putting other personal items into storage. Buyers will appreciate the extra room you open up in the house by doing this.
- Get the home squeaky clean: Neglecting to do a thorough, deep cleaning on your home before you list could end up costing you thousands. Hire the job out if you need to, but make sure your home is 5-star hotel perfect when it comes time for people to tour it.
- Protect your privacy and safety: With so many strangers walking through your house, people are going to look through your drawers and your closets, so lock up and put away any valuables you have or items you do not want people going through.
- Involve your kids in the process: Challenge your kids to help them clean up their rooms or their toys. Make it a game; you’d be surprised at how competitive the kids will be, especially if a reward is involved.
If you have any questions for us, or want some more tips on getting your home ready for sale, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon!